California 4-H Management Board
From left to right: Ryan Cleland (Northern Area Director), Aubrey-Rose Stacy (former Central Area Director), Ed Ho (Treasurer), Ethan Ho (Bay/Coast Area Director), Shannon Kane (Secretary), Kate Lyn Sutherland (PR & Marketing Director), Sarah Lloyd (Vice Chair), Curtis Ullerich (Chair)
Not pictured: John Trammell (Southern Area Director)
What is the Management Board up to?
We do lots of things as a board! One current focus is sponsoring and supporting major state-wide 4-H events. Check out what events we're working on and find the ones closest to you below!
Meet the board
| Vice Chair
Want to get in touch? Curious who from your county is on a committee? Check the roster.
management board and committee structure
At least 50% of the directors and committee members should be youth. Youth aged 16 years and up by July 1 are encouraged to apply for all positions. The Treasurer and Resource Development Director positions are only open to adults. Adults serve two-year terms and youth serve one-year terms.
Apply Now: Management Board positions
- Finds new ways to fund Youth Summits
- Builds financial support for area activities
- Liaison with CA 4-H Foundation
All committees. Primarily: Finance, resource development, Central Area. Applicants to our other committees are always welcome: Marketing, communications, Northern Area, Bay/Coast Area, Southern Area.
All business meetings are open to the public and posted on the 4-H events calendar.
The next management board meeting will be June 8th, 2019 (agenda).
You can attend in person or call in (see call details in the agenda). If you attend in person, please note that lunch is not provided.
March 9, 2019 (agenda including minutes, recording)
December 1, 2018 (agenda including minutes, recording)
August 18, 2018 (agenda including minutes, recording)
May 5, 2018 (agenda including minutes, recording)
March 10, 2018 (agenda including minutes, recording)
December 2, 2017 (agenda, draft minutes, recording)
August 6, 2017 (agenda, minutes, recording)
June 10, 2017 (agenda, draft minutes, recording)
April 30, 2017 (agenda, minutes, recording)
February 18, 2017 (agenda, minute highlights, recording--missing first 15 minutes)
December 9, 2016 (agenda, minutes, no recording)
August 14, 2016 (agenda, minutes, recording)
Building Something New
The creation of a California 4-H Management Board resulted from a two-year collaborative process that involved community partners and stakeholders from across the organization. The new Management Board structure replaces the Sectional and State 4-H Leaders’ Councils as of July 1, 2016. The new Management Board structure is intended to do several things:
- Create new volunteer opportunities with specific focus areas.
- Expand the role of youth at the state and regional levels.
- Open volunteer involvement through an application and selection process rather than by election.
- Set clear expectations - job descriptions and term length are publicly available.
- Empower committee leadership with a budget and the authority to fulfill their responsibilities. The Directors who lead committees are supported by 4-H staff.
- Increase awareness, visibility, outreach, and participation in the program.
- Improve the exchange of information, ideas, and access to tools.
- Allow the 4-H Advisory Committees and State Management Board Directors to connect through periodic Management Board meetings.