California 4-H Management Board
Welcome the 2016 4-H Management Board!
Thank you to all who applied to get involved at the State level of 4-H, to help us grow and improve 4-H for everyone in California! Each Director leads a Committee, as noted.
About CA 4-H Management Board
- Management Board Committee applications will be accepted until committees are full.
- The California 4-H Management Board is excited to welcome Sarah Lloyd as its new Vice Chair. Curtis Ullerich, previously Vice Chair, is stepping into the role of Chair. Cole Breck decided to step down as Chair to balance his many school, 4-H, and work commitments. Thank you to Cole for his work in chairing the Implementation Team and Management Board. We are grateful for his contributions to California 4-H!
Meetings are posted on the 4-H Event Calendar.
Open invitation: CA 4-H State Management Board Meetings
Want to find out what is happening in 4-H? Do you have a topic you want to see discussed? The State Management Board will meet in Davis on the following dates in 2017:
- Saturday, February 18th
- Sunday, April 30th
- Saturday, June 10th
- Saturday, August 19th
Mark these dates on your calendar and check for details closer to the meeting dates.You can attend in person or call in.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ucanr.zoom.us/j/465310921
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,465310921# or +16465588656,465310921#
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 465 310 921
International numbers available: https://ucanr.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=64T-4tKNvHyDAz_5Zi2bn52_0FUeopNH
Previous California 4-H Management Board Meetings:
December 9, 2016
- 12-9-16 Agenda
August 14, 2016
If you were not able to attend the Management Board meeting you can listen to the recording here: http://uc-d.adobeconnect.com/p8r661am5nq/
Building Something New
The creation of a new California 4-H Management Board resulted from a two-year collaborative process that involved community partners and stakeholders from across the organization. The new Management Board structure replaces the Sectional and State 4-H Leaders’ Councils as of July 1, 2016. The new Management Board structure is intended to do several things:
- Create new volunteer opportunities with specific focus areas.
- Expand the role of youth at the state and regional levels.
- Open volunteer involvement through an application and selection process rather than by election.
- Set clear expectations - job descriptions and term length are publicly available.
- Empower committee leadership with a budget and the authority to fulfill their responsibilities. The Directors who lead committees are supported by 4-H staff.
- Increase awareness, visibility, outreach, and participation in the program.
- Improve the exchange of information, ideas, and access to tools.
- Allow the 4-H Advisory Committees and State Management Board Directors to connect through periodic Management Board meetings.
Structure of the Management Board and Committees
At least 50% of the Directors and Committee members should be youth. Youth aged 16 years and up by July 1 are encouraged to apply for all positions. The Treasurer and Resource Development Director positions are only open to adults.
The term of each adult volunteer is two years. The term of each youth member is one year. Directors may serve up to two terms consecutively. Directors need to apply for reappointment following each term.
In the case of vacancies, the Chair and/or Associate Director of 4-H Program and Policy may recruit members outside the open recruitment pool for candidates.