4-H Outcomes & Impacts
Research shows that the 4-H Youth Development Program plays a special and vital role in the lives of America’s young people. Youth have the capacity to thrive when presented with resources for healthy development found in families, schools, and communities - regardless of their background, socioeconomic status, race, and gender. 4-H programs launch young people into healthy and productive lives.
According to Waves of the Future - The First Five Years of the 4-H Study of Positive Youth Development (2009) , when compared to other youth, 4-Hers excel and are:
- 25 percent more likely to contribute to their families, themselves, and their communities.
- more likely to see themselves going to college.
- 41 percent less likely to engage in risk/problem behavior.
Interested in learning more about the outcomes we assess in our 4-H youth? Click here!
- both youth and adults feel very positive about their experiences in 4-H.
- youth in 4-H have a strong sense of belonging.
- adults and youth form strong relationships in 4-H programs.