The Cooking Academy Project is a cooking-based nutrition education program that teaches youth basic nutrition and cooking skills.
- Youth cook in each lesson.
- Cooking is done as a team from start to finish.
- 1 ½- 2 hour lessons
- Each cooking lesson also includes a nutrition component.
- Kitchens are not necessary. Electric skillets and griddles are used.
- Virtual content is available to lead this project without in-person meetings.
- Project can be led by adult or youth leaders.
- The Cooking Academy has been approved for CalFresh Healthy Living, UC and EFNEP
- Cooking Academy Guide - English
- Cooking Academy Presentation for Teens as Teachers
- Cooking Academy Supplement - Virtual Lessons
- Cooking Academy Guide - Spanish
- eXtension course for virtual delivery
- Teens as Teachers Enrollment Guide
- 4-H Online enrollment: 4-H Online guide for Teens as Teachers enrollment
- Evaluation for TEEN TEACHERS
- Evaluation for YOUTH PARTICIPANTS
- Paper evaluation for teen teachers (English and Spanish)
- Paper evaluations for youth participants (English and Spanish):