4-H has grown in California because of the dedication of our volunteers. Some of our volunteers have supported 4-H for 10, 20 and 30 years or more! All volunteers must re-apply annually to remain active.
- Re-enroll in ZSuite. Log in to ZSuite to update your profile to enroll for the new year. Please make sure the Household email address in the system is correct and one you check regularly.
- Complete the Returning Volunteers Training in the eXtension system. Please check your Household email for the instructions on registering for the Returning Volunteer Training course. You should receive your County Enrollment Key from your County Extension Office. For a tutorial on using the eXtension system to complete the Volunteer Training, please see our eXtension Support Site.
- If you do not receive an email, please verify that the household email you entered in ZSuite is correct. Please notify your county 4-H Representative.
- If you do not have an email address, you will have to check with your county 4-H Representative for the instructions and County Enrollment Key.
- Get approved as a 4-H Volunteer. You will be approved after all the application requirements and mandatory trainings are completed.
Avoid a break in service!
If you are a current 4-H Adult Volunteer, to continue in the next year you need to re-apply and be approved before December 31st.
If you have not been approved and made Active before December 31st, you must cease all 4-H volunteer work beginning January 1st. Once you have completed all of the steps to be approved as a returning 4-H volunteer, you can then resume your volunteer service.
A break in service occurs if a returning volunteer fails to complete the re-appointment process for a full program year (July 1st-June 30th).
If you have a break in service as a 4-H Adult Volunteer but want to volunteer again, you must follow the process for New Volunteers.
ZSuite is the web-based enrollment system used by UC 4-H Youth Development Program to enroll youth and accept adult volunteer applications.