SLC Program Assistant applications due
Date: May 1, 2019
Time: All Day
Contact: Jenna Colburn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: UC Davis
SLC Program Assistants (PAs) have a crucial role in the youth delegates experience at the State Leadership Conference (SLC), being held July 18-21 at UC Davis. Program Assistants help SLC delegates to have the most amazing leadership experience possible.
- Have attended the State Leadership Conference (SLC) or other 4-H leadership conferences
- Will be enrolled as an adult volunteer by July 1, 2019
- Want meaningful ways to stay involved in the program
- REALLY like mentoring youth members
- Enjoy leading group discussions and sharing your positive experiences with the delegates
...Then this is the opportunity for you!
Program Assistant Responsibilities
- Participate in PA Orientation Webinar
- Program Assistant will be assigned a group of youth
- Lead meaningful discussions and encourage self reflection during assigned times with your group
- Attend tours as assigned
- Attend educational sessions as assigned and promote full participation and growth experiences
- Assist the Chaperones in handling behavior and emergency situations that may arise at the conference
- Attend assemblies and recreation events and serve in assigned locations with specific tasks, as needed to create safety, respond in an emergency and coach youth to make good choices
New Program Assistants are expected to arrived by 3:00 PM, Wednesday, July 17 for PA Orientation.
Returning Program Assistants are expected to arrived by 11:00 AM, Thursday, July 18 OR (if you absolutely cannot arrive on Thursday) by 11:00 AM on Friday, July 19.
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2019
Please note that there is a selection process for this role.