4-H ORB Internet Cafe Training
What is the ORB Internet Cafe
The ORB Internet Café is provided to give staff and volunteers and youth members both individualized and group instruction on using California 4-H’s Online Record Book System. The café is designed as a 3-hour workshop that combines presentation, hands-on practice and group discussion. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet with them to the café.
The following topics will be covered:[i]
- Overview of the Features & Functions in the Online Record Book (Record Book, Social Media, Evaluation)
- Navigating the forms in the Online Record Book (PDR, APR, 4-H Story)
- Project & Club Leader Functions and Approving Forms
- Maximizing your ORB experience—How to use ORB to be efficient and save time (Print Feature, Expression Pages, Collection of 4-H Works etc.)
[i] Logging into the Online Record Book will not be covered in this training, please work with your county office prior to the training to secure your login information for the Online Record Book if you currently have not accessed the system.
Benefits of the ORB Internet Cafe Training
- Comprehensive Instruction on how to successfully use the 4-H Online Record Book.
- Individualized help with your particular ORB challenges.
- After the training, your county will receive some fake ORB accounts to allow youth and adult volunteers to "play" in the system and figure out how to navigate it (it also give adults the opportunity to see what youth see).
How to Bring the Cafe to Your County
Here’s what’s involved in bringing this training to your county or counties:
The following tasks are to be completed by the county office. If you are a volunteer or youth member that would like to bring this training to your county, please contact your county office.
- A meeting/conference room with tables & chairs for each participant
- Wireless access for all participants in the meeting/conference room
- A commitment on the part of the county/counties to cover the cost of travel/lodging for trainer
- Filling out the “Request for ORB Internet Café Training”