Diamond Clover Awards
California 4-H Diamond Clover Award
The California Diamond Clover is the highest achievement for which a 4-H youth member is recognized. All youth members who achieve the requirements are eligible to receive this award. Awardees receive the California Diamond Clover Pin or Necklace Charm, a certificate and a recognition letter from the Associate Director of 4-H Program and Policy.
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications are reviewed by the 4-H Incentives and Recognition Advisory Committee and awarded quarterly.
Eligibility Requirements: Awardees must complete at least 13 requirements: 7 are mandatory and 6 are individualized. Additionally, complete applications must include an essay of 300-500 words.
Mandatory: Applicants must complete ALL of these
- Completed at least 5 years as a California 4-H member with at least 3 as a senior member
- Currently enrolled in 4-H as a member or an adult volunteer
- Be at least 17 years old and not older than 25 years old on the date of submission
- Earned a Gold medal, as a senior member, at a 4-H Area or State Presentation Day
- Served at least one term as a Club Executive Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Healthy Living Officer)
- Attended State Leadership Conference or an Area Conference at least once
- Completed at least 100 hours of community service
Individualized: Applicants must complete at least six to meet the minimum of 13 requirements
- Taken at least 10 projects
- Served on an Area Program Development Committee for one year
- Served as a judge at a County, Multi-County, Area Presentation/Field Day, or State Field Day
- Served as a chair/co-chair of a County, Multi-County or Area Event or Conference
- Served on a State Advisory Committee for one year (one youth term)
- Served as a State Ambassador
- Presented a workshop at State Leadership Conference or an Area Leadership Conference at least once
- Participated in an Area, State or National Citizenship Conference (e.g., CalFocus, Washington Focus, Leadership Washington Focus, National 4-H Conference, etc.)
For applicants between 19 and 25 years old, Individualized Requirements include:
- Served as a Program Assistant at State Leadership Conference for one conference
- Served as a Management Board Director one term
- Served as Project Leader for at least one program year
- Served on an Area Program Development Committee AND Chaired an Area Committee for one year
- Member of Collegiate 4-H for at least 2 years
- Served on a State Advisory Committee for 2 years (one term)
- Served as a District Leader at California Focus for one conference
- Served as a Program Assistant at Washington Focus or Leadership Washington Focus
- Worked as a Student Assistant at the State 4-H Office for at least one year
Diamond Clovers have been awarded to several of the highest achieving 4-H youth members since 2013. View a complete list of all past recipients of the Diamond Clover award here.