Diamond Clover Awards
California 4-H Diamond Clover Award
The California Diamond Clover is the highest achievement for which a 4-H youth member is recognized. All youth members who achieve the requirements are eligible to receive this award. Awardees receive the California Diamond Clover Pin or Necklace Charm, a certificate and a recognition letter from the Associate Director of 4-H Program and Policy.
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications are reviewed by the 4-H Incentives and Recognition Advisory Committee and awarded quarterly.
Eligibility Requirements: Awardees must complete at least 13 of the 17 requirements. Additionally, complete applications will include an essay of 300-500 words.
Mandatory: Must complete ALL of these
- Completed at least 5 years as a California 4-H member with at least 3 as a senior member
- Currently enrolled in 4-H as a member or an adult volunteer
- Be at least 17 years old and not older than 19, on the date of submission
- Earned a Platinum Star Rank
- Earned a Gold medal, as a senior member, at a 4-H Sectional or State Presentation Day
- Served at least one term as a Club Executive Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Healthy Living Officer)
- Winner or Medalist of a State 4-H Record Book Competition
- Completed at least 100 hours of community service
- Attended State Leadership Conference or a Sectional Leadership Conference at least once
Supplemental: Must complete at least four to meet the minimum of 13 requirements
- Served as a Teen Leader for 3 years and taken at least 10 projects
- Served a term as a youth representative on a Sectional Council
- Served as a judge at a County, Multi-County or Sectional Presentation/Field Day OR State Field Day
- Served as a chair/co-chair of a Multi-County, Sectional or State Committee OR served as a chair/co-chair for a Sectional Event or Conference OR Serve on a State Committee
- Served as a State Ambassador
- Presented a workshop at State Leadership Conference or a Sectional Leadership Conference at least once
- Participated in a Sectional, State or National Citizenship Conference (e.g., CalFocus, Washington Focus, National 4-H Conference, etc.)
- Served as a guest speaker at State Leadership Conference or any Sectional Conference or Forum
Diamond Clovers have been awarded to several of the highest achieving 4-H youth members since 2013. View a complete list of all past recipients of the Diamond Clover award here.