Record Book Training and Resources
Record Book Manual and Forms
The latest Record Book Manual and Record Book Forms are HERE!
The 2017-18 edition has added only minor changes to include language for other delivery modes.
The Record Book Manual and Record Book Forms are two separate documents. Click the links below to download the most current manual and forms.
Current Manual (PDF): 2017-2018 Record Book Manual
This manual was designed to be more kid-friendly than previous versions. For more in-depth information, see the Record Book Manual for Adult Partners
Current Forms (Word): 2017-2018 Record Book Forms
(Contains all forms for regular 4-H members. This version allows you to complete the form directly into the document and expand the rows as needed. Instructions for completing each form are found in the Record Book Manuals.)
This is the one and only California 4-H Record Book. Each county must come into alignment with this book and eliminate all supplemental forms and/or other requirements.
Individually separated forms:
Personal Development Report (2017-2018) - For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members.
Annual Project Report (2017-2018) - For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members.
Leadership Development Report (2017-2018) - For Intermediate and Senior members only.
Resume Template (2017-2018) - For Senior Members only.
2016-2017 Manual & Forms
For counties who have not yet ended their 2016-2017 program year, or for youth members planning to submit their books to the 2017 State Competition, use the resources below.
Please note: the 2017 Record Book Quick Start Quiz is not available and therefore not required in order to become eligible for State Competition. Please disregard this criteria for the 2016-2017 program year.
2016-2017 Manual (PDF): 2016-2017 Record Book Manual
2016-2017 Forms (Word): 2016-2017 Record Book Forms
Personal Development Report (2016-2017) - For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members.
Annual Project Report (2016-2017) - For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members.
Leadership Development Report (2016-2017) - For Intermediate and Senior members only.
4-H Resume Template - For Senior Members only.
Resources for Primary Members
Primary Member Report forms have been developed! Members who are taking the iSprout Primary Project should use the iSprout compatible form. Members who are not enrolled in an iSprout project should use the basic form. Primary members are not required to complete report forms to receive their annual stripe and pin.
Online Record Book
The 4-H Record Book has undergone transformations over the years to ensure that it meets the needs of our 4-H members. The newest transformation is the 4-H Online Record Book (ORB), which is the Record Book of choice for youth members. The ORB re-engages young people in the Record Book process through a new, fun, interactive format that offers social networking opportunities for members and volunteers within clubs.
What this means for 4-H Volunteer Leaders - The 4-H Online Record Book:
- provides an accessible platform for data collection which is fun, engaging and standardized.
- provides opportunities for volunteers to mentor youth on a daily basis in a protected social networking site.
- has built-in reporting systems that will improve staff and volunteer efficiencies.
- has intentional measures of success that will demonstrate the impact that 4-H youth and adults make locally and statewide.
What this means for 4-H Youth Members - The 4-H Online Record Book:
- has extended opportunities to stay connected to other club members and leaders online.
- is a fun and interactive way to log 4-H activities and events and to stay connected to the 4-H program.
- is a more efficient way to keep Record Book information. No more worries about lost pages or misplaced work.
- provides effective 21st century skills. Citizens and workers must be able to exhibit a range of functional and critical thinking skills related to information, media and technology.
- assists in Star Rankings calculation to minimize any errors and maximize points.
Please report any Online Record Book bugs you encounter by clicking here: ORB BUG REPORT
Record Book Support Group
The California 4-H Record Book Support Group provides a place for 4-H volunteers, staff, and members to discuss the 4-H record book, ask questions, and receive feedback from others around the state, the State 4-H Office, and the Incentives and Recognition Advisory Committee. View the CA 4-H Record Book Support Group Archives.