Fun with a Purpose
Fun is an important aspect of positive youth development as it helps build safety and promotes healthy relationships.
Research tells us that the presence of supportive and caring adults in young people’s lives is the leading indicator of their future success. Building these types of relationships with the youth we serve and encouraging positive relationships among young people themselves in critical to the success of 4-H.
Fun with a Purpose is a workshop which fun can be strategically used to build safety and relationships with and among youth and create an optimal environment for learning to occur.
About the Workshop
It’s a highly engaging and interactive experience which combines instruction
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- View fun as a strategic part of positive youth development
- Discover various forms of relationship building activities and when best to use them
- Participate in activities related to some or all of the types of relationship building activities
- Receive a resource kit of fun and engaging activities to use in their groups
About Backstage Pass
Backstage pass is the train-the-trainer edition of this workshop where participants will receive additional facilitation training and tools to lead this workshop. In addition to attending the 90-minute version of the Fun with a Purpose Workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to facilitate the Fun with a Purpose workshop
- Receive additional facilitation training which can be applied beyond the workshop itself
- Opportunity to practice facilitating a portion of the workshop
- Receive a facilitator's kit with all the tools necessary to market and facilitate the workshop
- Certificate of Completion certifying you as a Fun with a Purpose workshop facilitator
Cost and Who Should Attend
HOSTING FUN WITH A PURPOSE (Workshop Only) COST:
- $500 for up to 120 participants (used to cover supplies and support statewide 4-H volunteer development)
- Travel costs of the facilitator (includes, meals, lodging, and transportation)
To host the Fun with a Purpose workshop in your county, click the "REQUEST A WORKSHOP" button
BACKSTAGE PASS COST: (Includes the above benefits plus lunch)
While individuals are welcome to attend Backstage Pass, we strongly encourage coming as a team of adults and youth members.
- $30 per individual
- $100 for a team up to 4 people.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Youth members (ages 12 and up)* **
- Adult Volunteers
- County Personnel
*The workshop is appropriate for youth ages 12 and up as the activities are geared toward a middle school and high school level.
**Youth who hold leadership positions in their counties or emerging leaders who do not yet have a specific role but would like the opportunity to grow are strongly encouraged.