4-H State Ambassador
The 2015-16 California State Ambassadors are an enthusiastic, active group! Check back often to see the kinds of projects and activities they are working on
State Ambassador I
Ashley Olson, Kings County; Brennen Reyna, Merced County; Bryanne Sanchez, Imperial County; Jackie Penner, Santa Clara County; Katie Taylor, Fresno County; Laurel Nelson, San Mateo County; Steven Johnson, Imperial County; Trenton Baldwin, Monterey County
State Ambassador II
Lyle Glass, Solano County; Maryn Spangler, Tehama County
Every year, the Ambassadors choose a platform to focus on for the year. They selected Social and Emotional Health to be their Service Learning Platform
- Text, Talk, Act – nationwide texting campaign to start discussions between teens on mental health issues
o Encouraged California youth to join the conversation on November 10th through outreach on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
o Hosted discussion groups and about mental health.
- State Leadership Conference – The State Ambassadors have opened up volunteer opportunities on The Planning Team to help with all aspects of the conference, such as logistics and activities. The State Ambassadors are planning educational workshops, assemblies and a Healthy Living Event with a focus on their Service Learning Platform theme of Social and Emotional Health.
- California Focus 2016 – Working in a youth-adult partnership, the Ambassadors will be presenting the educational sessions and serve as district and party leaders.
- Represent 4-H at various partner events and meetings, such as the Farm Bureau and the Afterschool Alliance.
- Ambassadors are helping with social media to promote Giving Tuesday, a fundraising drive with the California 4-H Foundation. The theme is #GivingConfidence – all donations to the California 4-H Foundation on Giving Tuesday (December 1, 2015) will support the youth development programs in 4-H.
California 4-H Ambassador receive many requests for presentations. This year, they have developed a menu of workshops that organizations both inside and outside of 4-H can request presentations on:
- Stress Management
- Public Speaking
- Youth-Adult Partnerships
- Civic Education
Applications are now open for the 2016-2017 California 4-H State Ambassadors! Learn more.