The Cooking Academy Project is a cooking-based nutrition education program that teaches youth basic nutrition and cooking skills.
- Each lesson youth cook
- Cooking is done as a team from start to finish
- 1 ½- 2 hour lessons
- Each lesson also includes a nutrition component
- Kitchens are not necessary. Electric skillets and griddles are used.
- Virtual content is available to lead this project without in-person meetings.
- Project can be lead by adult or youth leaders.
- The Cooking Academy has been approved for CFHL, UC and EFNEP
- COOKING ACADEMY EDUCATOR GUIDE
- Cooking Academy Presentation for TAT
- Cooking Academy Virtual Supplement
- eXtension course for virtual delivery
TAT Cooking Academy Enrollment Packet
- 4honline enrollment: TAT 4hOnline enrollment
- Evaluation for teen teachers: TAT Survey (Healthy Living)