State 4-H Fashion Revue
2014 State Fashion Revue: May 31, 2014
"California Grown, California Sewn" 2014 SFR Program
158 participants from 40 counties! 2014 SFR Results
Entry categories: Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased $40, Upcycled, Denim Challenge, Apron Challenge
2014 Service Projects:
Drawstring bags for foster children (290 sewn)
- Link to Flyer: Drawstring Bag service project 2014
- For sewing instructions, see 4-H Drawstring Bag pattern
Wheelchair & Walker bags for seniors
- Link to Flyer: Drawstring Bag Service Project
- Recommended patterns are Simplicity #2382 & #2822 and the free online pattern at http://www.bucketsgonewild.com/free-walker-tote.htm.
2014 SFR Resources
- SFR Guide for Judges 2014
- Traditional scorecard 2014
- CS-Purchased scorecard 2014
- Upcycled scorecard 2014
- Denim Challenge scorecard 2014
- Apron Challenge scorecard 2014
- SFR Brochure 2014
Note: The 2012 SFR Manual is no longer current. Please see the rules, categories, and procedures listed on the website and in the 2014 Guide for Judges.
Youth Co-Chairs: Madison Gibson (Contra Costa County) and Courtney McCullough (Nevada County).
The purpose of State 4-H Fashion Revue is to:
- Provide educational activities for youth who are learning and growing in citizenship, leadership and life skills
- Inspire appreciation of clothing, textiles, consumer science, and personal development
- Introduce opportunities to extend youth leadership and communication
- Promote self esteem through individual expression
2013 State Fashion Revue: May 25, 2013
"Timeless Fashions" 2013 SFR Program
2013 SFR Categories: Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased $19.99, Wearable Art-Embellished, 2 Yard Wonder - Challenge, and Duct Tape Challenge.
2013 Service Projects: State Fashion Revue coordinated 3 service projects: small stuffed animal, drawstring bags, and "Little Dresses & Shorts for Africa."
- A Zoo of Hugs (flyer with links to instructions)
- Drawstring Bag Service Project (flyer) and 4-H Drawstring Bag pattern (instructions)
- Little Dresses & Shorts for Africa service project (flyer with links to instructions). A resource for sewing the Little Dresses is Leisure Arts - Quick & Easy Dresses to Sew
- We collected 94 dresses and 5 pairs of shorts, hand made by 4-H members throughout California. Thank you!
Handout about 2013 SFR: SFR Brochure 2013
SFR Manual version 2, revised for 2012. Note for 2014: Many categories have changed and this manual is not current. For current information, read the category rules at the top of this website, in the Guide for Judges and on the 2014 Information forms.
Thank you SEW MUCH to the SFR Committee for all your work and dedication to make this event such a success!
2012 State Fashion Revue: Behind the Scenes
- 163 youth registered from 38 counties
- 1225 pillowcases donated for Million Pillowcase Project
- 83 Quilts donated for Quilts for Wounded Warriors
- Categories included Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased $100 limit, Wearable Art Embellished, Tote Bag Challenge, $19.99 CS Purchased Challenge
- Workshops & Activities included: Make it Take it crafts with the American Sewing Guild Sacramento chapter, fabric birds, Judging and ID classes, Modeling practice, Pattern Exchange
2011 State 4-H Fashion Revue: Fashion ¢ents
- 142 youth registered, representing 38 counties
- Workshops & activities included: County Corner displays, hand quilting, Make it - Take it Crafts, Judging classes, assembling quilts, Pattern Exchange, and modeling practice.
- 4-Hers from throughout California sewed 150 hospital gowns for Operation Cover Up plus 60 completed quilts were donated for Quilts for Wounded Warriors. We are so grateful for your support of our service projects.
SFR 2011 Results
View photographs here
SFR program 2011
Operation Cover Up 2011
SFR Pattern of Success - read our stories!
Past State 4-H Fashion Revues
- 2011 "Fashion ¢ents"
New activities: Quilts for Wounded Warriors, Operation Cover Up
Challenge: $15 Challenge outfit
- 2010 "What’s in YOUR closet?"
New activities: Hats Off for Kindness and County Corner
2010 State 4-H Fashion Revue results
Click here for pictures
New activity: Dress Your Bear
New activity: Body Beautiful workshop
- SFR Modeling Guide: Clue Yourself into Modeling
- 4-H sewing project manual (Mississippi State Extension Service)
- Sewing Skills Progress Chart
- The Total Look
- The Total Look Leader's Guide
- Measuring Up, Quality standards for sewn items
- Ready-made garment analysis
- Fashion Modeling
- The 4-H Sewing Essentials curriculum from National 4-H Cooperative Curriculum System:
- Community Service Resources
- Little Dresses for Africa pattern
- US Troops Drawstring Bag