California 4-H Camping Conference
California Camping Conference Coming March 2014!
March 21-23rd, 2014
YMCA Camp Campbell
Boulder Creek, CA
The California Camping Conference inspires ideas and innovation and helps camp administrators create fun, safe, and rich learning experiences for both campers and camp staff. Sponsored by the University of California 4-H Youth Development Program, the weekend offers staff, volunteers and youth opportunities to develop their capacity as leaders in their local camp programs.
Click HERE for Conference Brochure
- Add new, fun, educational activities to your program
- Better understand how to work with campers, teen staff and adult volunteers
- Learn how to market and recruit campers and teen staff
- Network with others who share your passion for camp
- Come away with practical tools to increase the safety, fun and growth for campers and staff
Conference workshops include:
- Understanding and dealing with difficult behaviors
- New science, engineering and technology (SET) activities for
camp: shelter building, first aid and safety, creating cookouts
and overnight adventures
- Working with chaperones and other adult volunteers
- Project Learning Tree and more “green” ideas
- Our campers Thrive activities
- Important steps for camp health and safety compliance
- Archery certification
- And more!
Registration fee by February 1st is $140 per person ($150 by March 7th) and includes meals, lodging, and all conference materials. The conference begins at 7:00 p.m. Friday, ending just before lunch on Sunday. Suggested participants include camp directors, youth leadership team, camp volunteers and 4-H staff members. Archery Certification is an additional $35 fee. It is a 12-hour course and precludes
other workshop choices.
Click here for the 2014 registration.