Workshop: Backstage Pass - Fun with a Purpose
Date: April 18, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Scott Mautte, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-750-1335
Sponsor: California 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: UC ANR office
Backstage Pass is a train-the-trainer edition of the Fun with a Purpose workshop. You will receive facilitation training and tools to lead the workshop. In addition to participating in a 90-minute version of the Fun with a Purpose workshop, you will:
- Learn how to facilitate the Fun with a Purpose workshop
- Receive additional facilitation training which can be applied beyond the workshop itself
- Practice facilitating a portion of the workshop
- Receive a facilitator's kit with all the tools necessary to market and facilitate the workshop
At the end of the training, you will receive a Certificate of Completion certifying you as a Fun with a Purpose workshop facilitator.
Who should attend
- 4-H Youth members (ages 12 and up*) **
- 4-H Adult Volunteers
- County Personnel
*The workshop is appropriate for youth ages 12 and up as the activities are geared toward a middle school and high school level.
**Youth who hold leadership positions in their counties or emerging leaders who do not yet have a specific role but would like the opportunity to grow are strongly encouraged.
Registration is open until April 5, 2020 or until full.
- $30 per individual
- $100 for a team up to 4 people
While individuals are welcome to attend Backstage Pass, we strongly encourage coming as a team of adults and youth members.
Registration includes training, materials and lunch.
About Fun with a Purpose workshops
Fun is an important aspect of positive youth development as it helps build safety and promotes healthy relationships.
Research tells us that the presence of supportive and caring adults in young people’s lives is the leading indicator of their future success. Building these types of relationships with the youth we serve and encouraging positive relationships among young people themselves in critical to the success of 4-H.
Fun with a Purpose is a workshop in which fun can be strategically used to build safety and relationships with and among youth and create an optimal environment for learning to occur.
It’s a highly engaging and interactive experience which combines instruction and activity to discover the various types of relationship building activities and how to strategically use them in your program. The workshop can be customized, from a 90 minute session to a 4 hour experience.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- View fun as a strategic part of positive youth development
- Discover various forms of relationship building activities and when best to use them
- Participate in activities related to some or all of the types of relationship building activities
- Receive a resource kit of fun and engaging activities to use in their groups
Spread the word
Please share the Fun with a Purpose BSP Promo Flyer with your club and project leaders!