Apply for National 4-H Conference
Date: November 5, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Jenna Colburn, email@example.com
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
National 4-H Conference
March 28 - April 4, 2020
National 4-H Conference Center
Chevy Chase, MD
The National 4-H Conference is the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture's premier youth development opportunity to engage youth in developing recommendations for the 4-H Youth Development Program.
This event brings together youth, volunteer leaders, and state and county extension staff members from across the United States, the U.S. territories, and the Canadian provinces.
Purpose of California’s Delegation to the National 4-H Conference
- Provide opportunities for California youth and adults to participate in and contribute to 4-H on the national level.
- Assist the University of California 4-H Youth Development Program in strengthening youth-adult partnerships and involving youth, volunteers, and staff in 4-H decision-making.
- Provide a system for an exchange of 4-H Youth Development programming ideas among states.
- Visit Congress and make legislators aware of the tremendous impact of the 4-H program.
Apply by November 5, 2019
Applications are accepted for the 2020 California 4-H delegates before November 5, 2019. The aim of the selection committee is to select a team that encompasses the diversity of California and California 4-H.
Please review the Application Requirements and Expectations for delegates (PDF) before applying.Applications must include:
- Online application
- 4-H Resume - Include as an attachment on your online application. For more information on how to build a 4-H Resume, visit the 4-H Resumes page under Resources for Youth Members.
- References- 2 references are required. The people serving as your reference will have to complete the online survey before the deadline od November 5, 2018
- Required reports on Congressman and CA US Senator
Thanks to a generous sponsorship from the Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Foundation through the California 4-H Foundation, the following costs are covered for the California 4-H delegation:
- Roundtrip travel to pre-conference orientation and meetings
- Roundtrip travel to the National 4-H Conference
- National 4-H Conference registration fees
- Two additonal days in Washington D.C post conference.
Learn more about the conference on our National 4-H Conference Event Page.