Registration for e4: The Volunteer Retreat
Date: October 31, 2019
Time: All Day
Contact: Scott Mautte, theVolunteerRetreat@ucanr.edu
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Asilomar Hotel and Conference Grounds
e4: The Volunteer Retreat
November 7-10, 2019
Asilomar Hotel and Conference Grounds, Pacific Grove, CA
The Volunteer Retreat is a volunteer development conference for volunteers and staff who work with youth. Adult volunteers, staff, and youth volunteers ages 15 and older are encouraged to attend.
At this first annual conference, you can:
- ENGAGE – connect with other volunteers who work with youth
- ENERGIZE – strengthen your positive youth development skills
- EQUIP – gain resources from booth exhibits and the Project Skills Showcase
- EMPOWER – share and learn new skills and ways to work with youth
Registration and Lodging
- Deadline is October 31, 2019
If you do not stay overnight at Asilomar, please include the Day Use Fee for each day you attend the conference. Day Use Fee includes parking and lunch for each day.
Pre-conference Workshops: Friday November 8
The following pre-retreat workshops will be held on Friday, November 8th. Workshop lengths vary from 6 to 8 hours. Please sign up for these sessions in your registration.
- Club Leader Essentials Certification $30
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED Certification $40
- Ignite 4-H Civic Opportunities for Youth $20
- Project Learning Tree Educator Workshop $20
- The Nuts and Bolts of 4-H Computer Science $20
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification $49
Go to the Pre-Retreat Workshops page for full descriptions of these workshops and certification courses.
Lodging (book separately)
Book accommodations at Asilomar by October 31st to receive the Volunteer Retreat package on rooms and meals. Lodging includes room, parking, and meals, including dinner on arrival day and all meals through lunch on departure day.
- Single Occupancy Rate $296.94 per night, per person
- Double Occupancy Rate $197.12 per night, per person
- Participant with guest Rate $296.94 per night
- Non-retreat guest: Rate $97.32/night, per person
- Non-retreat guest ages 3-12: Rate $69.23/night per person
You can note on your reservation if you would like a roommate assigned. If you already have a roommate, please note roommate's name on your reservation. Roommates must reserve separately, within 10 days of each other.
Project Skills Showcase
The Showcase is designed for exhibitors to share new project ideas and resources with all of the attendees at the retreat, not just those who sign up for their workshop. The Showcases's exhibit environment allows you to roam and stop by the different booths to learn and practice the skills necessary to put what you learn into practice with the youth you work with.
Saturday 10:15 to 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Session topics will address one of the following categories of volunteer development to build or increase the participant’s knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in specific subject matter.
- Positive Youth Development
Products and services designed for volunteers, program staff, and educators serving club-based programs, expanded learning, after school, out-of-school time, or agriculture.
For more information
Get more information, registration links, and updates on the e4: The Volunteer Retreat event site.
Contact Scott Mautte at theVolunteerRetreat@ucanr.edu or 530-750-1335