Shooting sports certification for Archery- Rifle & Shotgun Projects
Dates: January 12, 2019 - January 13, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Contact: Darlene McIntyre, 209-385-7418, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Certification for 4-H Shooting Sports Leaders or Trainers in "Pistol" or "Western Heritage"
Dates and times:
January 12, 2019 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
January 13, 2019 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Safety First Shooting Association, River Oaks Range Firearms Training Center, 11584 Shaffer Rd, Winton 95388.
Driving directions to the range are at http://www.safetyfirstshooting.org/html/directions.html . Tent or Dry RV camping is an option.
Due by Friday, January 4, 2019
Space is limited to 25 attendees for each discipline.
Complete and mail the following to UCCE, 2145 Wardrobe Ave., Merced, CA 95341
- CA 4-H Shooting Sports Training Request and Registration Form.
- Adult or Youth Medical Release Form
- $35 check payable to "Merced County 4-H Council"
About the workshops
The course will include a PowerPoint lecture, review of equipment, practice shooting and teaching, and a written test. The cost is $35 per person to include a resource binder, with Saturday and Sunday lite breakfast refreshments. Bring your own lunch each day.
- You must be a currently enrolled 4-H volunteer or member.
- You may only attend one workshop for a specific shooting sports discipline.
- You must attend both days to be certified to teach the specific shooting sport at the project, club and camp levels.
- Junior and teen leaders are invited but must attend with an adult or have a certified Shooting Sports adult leader they will be helping back home
By doing these popular workshops on the same weekend it will allow counties to ride share and get several shooting sports disciplines completed to bring back to their county. If you have backgrounds in one of these shooting sports disciplines and have a desire to teach youth, why not step up and share your expertise!
This class is being hosted by Merced County 4-H.
For more information
Shooting Sports information - Dave Givens 209-614-1718 or email@example.com