Livestock Quiz Bowl-Registration
Date: October 2, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Jessica Bautista, firstname.lastname@example.org,530-750-1341
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Cow Palace
About the Livestock Quiz Bowl
Teams of 4-5 youth ages 14-19 compete in this buzz-in style quiz contest. Test your knowledge in swine, sheep, beef, goat, poultry, rabbit, dairy and small animal production, and current events in the livestock industries.
This contest is designed to stimulate learning in a variety of livestock topics and qualifies a team to compete at the National Level in Denver, CO.
All entries must be submitted online (no paper entries will be accepted) by October 2.
If you are unable to register online, please contact Jessica Bautista, (530)750-1341, to register over the phone. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Entry Fee: $10.00 per team member
Team Entry Forms
The Team Entry Form must be filled out by the coach/leader to declare a team. The signed form must be submitted to the State 4-H office by Oct 2.
A signed Participant’s Agreement must be submitted for each team member by Oct 2 to the address below:
State 4-H Office
2801 2nd Street
Davis, California 95618
1. A team consist of four (4) or five (5) members; all team members must be either 4-H or FFA members. One team member will be designated as alternate if five (5) are entered. Teams may be selected by any procedure, which the club/chapter deems appropriate.
2. Contestant must already have passed his or her 14th birthday, and may not have reached his or her 19th birthday, as of January 1 of the current year.
3. All contestants must be members in good standing of 4-H or FFA in their county.
4. Contestants may not have participated in post-secondary coursework in the subject area of this competition, nor has he or she participated in training for post-secondary competition in the subject area of this competition. Violation of this will result in forfeiture of any awards or recognition, which has been won in this Competitive Event.
5. An individual may enter a National 4-H competitive event in a specific program area only once. Participating members of a team entry are ineligible to enter the same event again as a part of another team. Any individual who has participated in a National 4-H or FFA competitive event in a specific program area may not enter the same event at the state level.
See the Livestock Quiz Bowl event webpage for more information.