SLC Program Assistant Applications
Date: March 31, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Jenna Colburn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: UC Davis campus
State Leadership Conference 2017 #SLC17
July 20-23, 2017
at the UC Davis campus
Apply to be an SLC Program Assistant!
Online application due March 31, 2017
SLC Program Assistants
- Have been to SLC or other 4-H leadership conferences
- Are now at least 19 years old
- Want meaningful ways to stay involved in the program
- REALLY like mentoring youth members
- Enjoy leading group discussions and sharing your positive experiences with the delegates
SLC Program Assistants have a crucial role in the youth delegates experience at the State Leadership Conference. Program Assistants help SLC delegates to have the most amazing leadership experience possible. This role has a selection process.
Program Assistant Responsibilities
- Participate in Program Assistant Orientation Webinar.
- Program Assistant will be assigned a group of youth.
- Lead meaningful discussions and encourage self reflection during assigned times with your group.
- Attend tours as assigned.
- Attend educational sessions as assigned and promote full participation and growth experiences. Also, assist the Chaperones in handling behavior and emergency situations that may arise in the assigned sessions.
- Attend assemblies and recreation events and serve in assigned locations with specific tasks, as needed to create safety, respond in an emergency and coach youth to make good choices.
The 2017 SLC Program Assistants will be selected by the PA Coordinators, with the approval of the SLC Planning Committee.
Lodging and meals are included for selected Program Assistants. Travel to and from the conference and any incidentals are the responsibility of the individual.
To learn more about SLC 2017, visit: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/SLC/