4-H promotes youth learning by doing and utilizes a methodology called experiential learning which engages learners:
- through direct, hands-on activities or projects.
- by using open-ended questions that invite further discussion and interaction.
- through the use of active reflection and discussion.
- by making connections to real-world examples of learned concepts or skills.
- by applying learning to one or more independent situations.
For more information, visit the 4-H Experiential Learning Website.