Application deadline: Chaperones for CWF-Inauguration
Date: March 16, 2020
Time: All Day
Contact: Jenna Colburn, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530.750.1336
Sponsor: California 4-H Youth Development Program
Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential Inauguration 2021
January 17 - 21, 2021
This is the second time that 4-H has held a Citizenship Washington Focus event during the presidential inauguration.
Who can participate
4-H Adult Volunteers are invited to apply to chaperone this event for 4-H youth ages 14 and up.
Apply to be a chaperone by March 16, 2020
Please go to the Chaperone selection process and requirements page to apply.
All adults who accompany youth must be registered 4-H volunteers at the time of the trip. All chaperones and youth must follow the trip procedures, itinerary and timelines.
Please note these dates if you apply to be a chaperone.
|March 16, 2020||Chaperone applications and the Chaperone Agreement Form are due by midnight, March 16, 2020. Please submit your signed Chaperone Agreement Form via email to Jenna Colburn at email@example.com or via mail to California 4-H attn: Jenna Colburn, 2801 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95618.|
|April 6-10, 2020||Phone or ZOOM video conference interviews|
|April 13-17, 2020||Selection notifications|
|May 1, 2020||Chaperone Registration and deposit deadline NOTE: Do not register until you have been notified you are selected.|
|June 1, 2020||Payment in full due|
|TBA November 2020||Chaperone Orientation/training|
The chaperones for the CWF-Inauguration event will help escort youth delegates during the conference and activities as they:
- Learn the meaning and importance of the Democratic process
- Explore the history of the Presidency, the election process, and the role of the press
- Discover the intricacies of the Executive Branch and careers in politics
- Practice their roles in citizenship through service, civic education, and engagement
- Participate in workshops, interact in sessions, and hear inspiring speakers
- Visit national memorials, historical sites, and the Smithsonian museums
- Experience Inauguration Day ceremony and parade
- Enjoy a unique Inaugural Ball dinner and dance
See the Tentative Schedule
$2,199 per person, includes:
- Round trip airline transportation
- Ground transportation between the National 4-H Conference Center and the airport
- 4 nights lodging at the National 4-H Conference Center
- All meals during the conference
- Inaugural Ball dinner and dance
- Ground transportation during the conference
- Conference shirt, drawstring backpack, button, lanyard, cold weather accessories
For more details, please see the the CWF-Inauguration event page.
Spread the word!
Share the flyer with your club and project members.