State 4-H Leaders' Forum
The State 4-H Leaders Forum provides a weekend retreat for 4-H volunteers across California to gather for networking, education, relaxation, and fun. Volunteers of all ages, experiences, and locations share this opportunity to further their volunteering "career," find new inspirations, and bring new ideas home to their counties and clubs.
Some of the best, most practical learning for 4-H leaders happens here. You’ll come home loaded with ideas and activities and the enthusiasm to implement them. Your County 4-H Program becomes stronger because of your participation. You will return with a deeper understanding of the 4-H mission, a stronger sense of what has to happen to accomplish it, and an expanded capacity to make it happen.
2016 State Leaders' Forum
CONNECT THE DOTS
Some of our most productive and happiest moments come from connecting with friends, sharing ideas and challenges with people who share your interests, and getting the tools and support to bring your own contribution to a higher level.
The conference will focus on building the capacity of our adult volunteers to be even more competent in helping our 4-H youth thrive. The goal is to provide quality education sessions with take-home strategies and be able to invigorate all attendees for the program year(s) ahead. Get ready to be happy - and engaged!
Spread the word!
NEW! Poster Submissions
We're excited to announce the opportunity to present a poster at this year's State Leaders' Forum!
Got Ideas? Got Experience to Share? Got Questions?
That’s what a Poster Session is all about – and we’re looking forward to the mix of what you’re ready to bring, or trade!
Poster Session Submission Requirements:
1) Poster topics have to be relevant to and supportive of the interests of 4-H Adult Volunteers
2) Posters must be submitted by SLF attendees
3) Contact and Topic information must be provided by 10/15/16 to Linnaea Knisely, Ed Chair, SLF (email@example.com). Please use the Poster Session Form to send Linnaea the information about your poster and any set-up support needed.
See the Poster Tips on creating an effective poster.
The State Leadership Forum provides 4-H volunteers, staff and outside resources the opportunity to share their best practices and newest information for the professional development of the delegates.
Tried and true, clever and innovative, the educational content of the State Leadership Forum is supportive of the need for leader advancement and updated methods and materials.
We've selected speakers who are guaranteed to inform and excite you, a destination that offers a wealth of fun explorations, and a series of workshops which will help you make some of the connections that you've been searching for. Attendees will CONNECT to great information! For example:
- How to make Club Meetings fast, fun and effective! (We're serious!)
- How to successfully gain - and retain members!
- Great tips on fundraising, and fundraising resources!
- How to tap into your "Millenials" AND your recent alums as adult volunteers!
- Great games for fun and learning!
- The best animal management practices from feed to slaughter!
- The best way to teach, so that youth can learn
- Successful practices for problem parents!
- How to understand and positively manage kids across the spectrum!
If you can't make it for the full weekend, plan to join us for a very full day on Saturday, November 12th, as that's the "workshop" day. Registration includes meals, but not lodging.
$200/person for entire event; includes five meals.
$125/person for Saturday only
Reference "4-H Leaders’ Forum" to get the special room rates starting at $119 per night. The last day for the discounted room rate is Sept. 13, but hurry, the rooms are going fast! Make your reservations directly with the resort.