The Program Assistant role is a unique opportunity for 4-H alumni ages 19 and up!
- Have been to the State Leadership Conference (SLC)
- Are now at least 19 years old
- Still want meaningful ways to be involved in the program
- REALLY like being with youth members
- Enjoy group discussions and sharing your positive experiences with teens
...then this is the opportunity for you!
SLC Program Assistants have a crucial role in the youth delegates' experience. The Program Assistant role helps SLC delegates to have the most amazing leadership experience possible. This role has a selection process.
As a Program Assistant, your responsibilities are to:
- Participate in the Program Assistant Orientation Webinar.
- Lead meaningful discussions and encourage self reflection with your assigned group of youth during assigned times.
- Attend tours as assigned.
- Attend educational sessions as assigned and promote full participation and growth experiences. Also, assist the chaperones in handling behavior and emergency situations that may arise in your assigned sessions.
- Attend assemblies and recreation events and serve in your assigned locations with specific tasks as needed--such as to increase safety; respond in emergencies; and coach youth to make good choices.
The SLC Program Assistants are selected by the SLC Planning Committee and Program Assistant Coordinator.