Livestock Quiz Bowl
California State Livestock Quiz Bowl is one of many events that take place during California 4-H State Field Day. #StateFieldDay
2019 California State Livestock Quiz Bowl
***Date and location change***
California 4-H State Field Day
UC Davis Campus
Saturday, June 1, 2019
The California 4-H State Animal Science Advisory Committee is hosting the 2019 California State Livestock Quiz Bowl as part of the California 4-H State Field Day on June 1, 2019.
This contest is open to teams from both FFA and 4-H.
The top 4-H team and the top FFA team at this contest will be eligible to compete at a national competition - the Western National Round Up in Denver, Colorado in January 2020.
About the Livestock Quiz Bowl
Teams of 4-5 youth ages 14-19 compete in this buzz-in style quiz contest. Test your knowledge in swine, sheep, beef, goat, poultry, rabbit, dairy and small animal production, and current events in the livestock industries.
This contest is designed to stimulate learning in a variety of livestock topics and qualifies a team to compete at the National Level in Denver, CO.
4-H clubs and FFA chapters are invited to enter one livestock quiz bowl team consisting of no more than four or five members. Teams may be made up of members from one club/chapter or may be made up of members from one county.
Entry Fee: $10.00 per team member, may be paid with a credit card online during the entry process or a check (made payable to UC Regents) may be mailed to Jessica Bautista at the State 4-H Office by the entry deadline, May 15, 2019.
The online Team Entry Form must be filled out by the coach/leader to declare a team. All entries must be submitted online (no paper entries will be accepted) by May 15, 2019.
If you are unable to register online, please contact Jessica Bautista, (530)750-1341, to register over the phone.
Liability Waiver for non 4-H Members
A signed waiver for non 4-H members must be submitted for each non 4-H team member. Waivers can be uploaded to the online entry form or mailed to the address below by May 15, 2019. 4-H members do not have to fill out a participant's agreement.
CA State 4-H Office
2801 2nd Street
Davis, California 95618
- A team consist of four (4) or five (5) members; all team members must be either 4-H or FFA members. One team member will be designated as alternate if five (5) are entered. Teams may be selected by any procedure, which the club/chapter deems appropriate.
- Contestant must be at least 14 years old, but not older than 19 years old, as of 01/01/2019.
- All contestants must be members in good standing of 4-H or FFA in their county.
- Contestants may not have participated in post-secondary coursework in the subject area of this competition, nor has he or she participated in training for post-secondary competition in the subject area of this competition. Violation of this will result in forfeiture of any awards or recognition, which has been won in this Competitive Event.
- An individual may enter a National 4-H competitive event in a specific program area only once. Participating members of a team entry are ineligible to enter the same event again as a part of another team. Any individual who has participated in a National 4-H or FFA competitive event in a specific program area may not enter the same event at the state level.
Heather Sutherland, Contest Superintendent
Rochelle Mederos, 4-H CES 2, Tulare County
Jessica Bautista, 4-H STEM Academic Coordinator
Become a sponsor of the Livestock Quiz Bowl to support 4-H and FFA youth!
Event Sponsor - $1,000
- Banner displayed during the contest
- Donor announcement throughout the day of the contest
- Recognition on State 4-H website and printed material
Champion Team Sponsor ($500)
- Supports the purchase of custom design engraved buckles for members of the winning team.
- Sponsor recognized with a poster displayed during the contest, sponsor recognized on the State 4-H website and printed material, and donor announced throughout the day.
Individual Award Sponsor ($100)
- Supports the purchase of ribbons for the top 5 individuals and the top 3 teams.
- Sponsor recognized on the State 4-H website and printed material, and donor announced throughout the day.