Leadership Washington Focus
Leadership Washington Focus (LWF) is a 4-H leadership program for youth entering grades 7 through 9. The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just one mile from the Washington, D.C. border.
Leadership Washington Focus: $1,999.00
July 16, 2017-July 21, 2017
This 5-day trip is packed with educational adventure as participants tour our nation’s Capital and learn life-changing leadership skills in a conference setting. Trip includes attendance at National 4-H’s Leadership Washington Focus Conference which includes touring many of the major sites in the National Mall. Cost includes transportation (air and ground), housing and most meals plus access to the tour sites.
You can make an installment payment for the CWF trip in one of two ways:
Option #1: By Mail
Send your check made out to UC REGENTS to:
c/o Scott Mautte
2801 2nd Street
Davis, CA 95618
Option #2: By Credit Card
Use the following link to make a credit card payment
12/2/16 Chaperone Applications Due
12/15/16 Registration and Deposit Due for Youth
12/18/16 Chaperone’s Notified
12/19-31/16 Chaperone Registration open
1/26/17 Orientation Webinar #1-6:30pm-8pm
- Adult Health History Form
- Youth Health History Form
- Code of Conduct & Media Release
- Sample Fundraising Letters
3/19/17 Installment Payment due
5/21/17 Final Payment Due
5/24/17 Orientation Webinar #2 6:30-8pm
- Travel Schedule
- Checklist Items
At this conference 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4-H'ers from across the nation.
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
Participants are immersed in the culture and history of our nation through on-site workshops at D.C.’s most spectacular sights.
Destinations include, but are not limited to:
- The White House and Lafayette Park
- Ford's Theatre
- The National Archives
- Presidential and war monuments and memorials
- Smithsonian museums
- and more!
Registration is coordinated through the CA State 4-H Office. For more information, please contact Program Coordinator Scott Mautte at email@example.com.