Equine Qualifier Events
State 4-H Horse Classic Qualifying Horse Shows
Hosting a qualifying show?
Register your show for it to be considered a qualifying show for the California 4-H Horse Classic. **Registration at the bottom of this webpage**
Criteria for a Qualifying Show
- Each horse show must be registered and be displayed in the list below.
- Show verified by County 4-H Offices.
- Up to three shows per county. If your county has three horse shows, one show must be associated with a county fair (however, the show at the county fair is not automatically considered a qualifying event; it must still be registered, unless it is a 4-H-organized horse show at the fair).
- Show must take place on or between June 5, 2017- Cutoff Date is June 3, 2018 (inclusive).
- The Horse Show must offer the same classes that are offered at the State 4-H Classic (though they may offer more if they choose too).
- Management of each show is required to send show results to the contact below by June 4, 2018 using this form-Classic Qualifying Show Results Sheet. Results must be emailed to: Jessica Bautista at email@example.com, or (530) 750-1341
2017-2018 Qualifying Shows
***All 4-H Horse Shows held at County Fairs, District Fairs, Regional Fairs, Citrus Fairs, and the State Fair qualify for this Championship show. These shows must still be registered using the survey below.
Note that this only applied to 4-H-organized horse shows and not other independently-organized or fair-organized shows.***
Contra Costa County
Del Norte County
El Dorado County
Los Angeles County
San Benito County
San Diego County
San Francisco-San Mateo Counties
San Joaquin County
San Luis Obispo County
Santa Barbara County
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Location of the Show:
Yolo County Fairgrounds
Dates of the Horse Show
August 13, 2017
Name of the Horse Show:
Yvonne LeMaitre Memorial Jr. Horse Show
Contact for the Show:
Contacts phone number:
FREE! Open Junior Horse Show is no charge to junior exhibitors - offers Trophies & 5 belt buckles to High Point riders.
Register your Qualifying Horse Show
2018 State 4-H HORSE CLASSIC
Horse Classic: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/Horse_Classic/