Equine Qualifier Events
State 4-H Horse Classic Qualifying Horse Shows
GREEN HORSE RULE CHANGE FOR 2018
Green Horse is a 3-gaited division (walk/trot/canter).
Hosting a qualifying show?
Register your show for it to be considered a qualifying show for the California 4-H Horse Classic. **Registration at the bottom of this webpage**
Criteria for a Qualifying Show
- Each horse show must be registered and be displayed in the list below.
- Show verified by County 4-H Offices.
- Up to three shows per county. If your county has three horse shows, one show must be associated with a county fair (however, the show at the county fair is not automatically considered a qualifying event; it must still be registered, unless it is a 4-H-organized horse show at the fair).
- Show must take place on or between June 4, 2018- Cutoff Date TBD (inclusive).
- The Horse Show must offer the same classes that are offered at the State 4-H Classic (though they may offer more if they choose too).
- Management of each show is required to send show results by TBD to the contact below using this form-Classic Qualifying Show Results Sheet. Results must be emailed to: Jessica Bautista at email@example.com 530-750-1341.
- Note: Horse Show entries are due by or must be postmarked by TBD.
2018-2019 Qualifying Shows
***All 4-H Horse Shows held at County Fairs, District Fairs, Regional Fairs, Citrus Fairs, and the State Fair qualify for this Championship show. These shows must still be registered using the survey below.
Note that this only applies to 4-H-organized horse shows and not other independently-organized or fair-organized shows.***
Past shows are in red
Contra Costa County
Del Norte County
El Dorado County
Los Angeles County
San Benito County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
San Francisco-San Mateo Counties
San Joaquin County
San Luis Obispo County
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Location of the Show #1:
Yolo County Fairgrounds
Dates of the Horse Show:
August 12, 2018
Name of the Horse Show:
Yvonne LeMaitre Memorial Jr. Horse Show
Contact for the Show:
Contact's phone number:
FREE! No charge to Junior Exhibitors - offering 11 belt buckles and lots of prizes - Includes a royalty court contest - Come join the fun! Please click here from more information
Register your Qualifying Horse Show
2019 State 4-H HORSE CLASSIC
Horse Classic: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/Horse_Classic/