4-H Horse Classic
California 4-H State Horse Classic
Date and Location: TBD
About the 4-H Horse Classic Championship Show
The California 4-H Horse Classic offers 4-H members the chance to showcase the culmination of their efforts put forth in their equine projects throughout the year. At the State Championship Horse Show, 4-H riders have this opportunity to compete at a level beyond local, county or regional events. Participants must pre-qualify at qualifying horse shows.
2019 Horse Classic
Thank you 2019 Equine Planning Committee!
On behalf of the State 4-H Office, we would like to thank the 2018-2019 Equine Planning Committee for all of their hard work and dedication to bring this amazing event to our 4-H members. This event would not be possible without the amazing 4-H volunteers and youth members that help organize the event!
2019 Horse Classic Planning Team
Amy Alongi, Dyllan Bond, Shauna Bond, Emily Charlton, Dylann Cullinane, Emily Cullins, Pat Duffy, Christine Fry, Kerri McKee, Donna Mikel, Russell Peralta ll, Carmen Rodriguez, Pamela Smith, Lynn Warren, and Anna Zito.
Thank you 2019 Horse Classic Sponsors!
- Hang’em High Ranch—Versatility and Reserve Champion Chairs Monogramming
- San Bernardino Horse Advisory Committee—Meet and Greet
- C4—English Belts
- Melanie Ernaga—Mini Classes
- J and K Feed—Ranch Horse Classes
- Gamblers RV Hesperia—Novice Western Division
- Penny Mahenski
- Riverside Horse Advisory Committee—Ice Cream Social
- Mavericks 4-H—Walk Trot Horsemanship
- Dave Worley Performance Horses—English
- Hesperia Feed Bin
Hippology, Horse Judging, Horse Bowl, and Public Speaking Educational contests will now be its own separate event. Date TBD
The 4-H Horse Classic provides participants with an opportunity to:
- Establish lifelong friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders throughout the state.
- Network with other counties and share personal experiences that have been meaningful to each person’s growth and development.
- Share their passion for horses and expand their equine knowledge.
- Experience personal growth.
- Further develop their leadership and citizenship skills.
- Promote good sportsmanship.
- Compete at a level that is beyond that of the local, county, regional or district level.
- Help raise funds to support the California delegation at the Western National Roundup.
New This Year
General Rules and Expectations
Want to be part of the 2019-2020 Equine Planning Committee?
Qualifying Horse Shows
See the list of shows that qualify you to participate in the 2020 State Championship Horse Show at the Horse Classic.
Horse Show Participants
All participants must fill out a medical authorization form, waiver of liability, and Brookside waiver and mail them to the State 4-H office postmarked by TBD or scan and email them to Shauna Bond at email@example.com.
Attn: Shauna Bond
2801 Second St.
Davis, CA 95618
Sponsor the 4-H Horse Classic!
Horse Classic Contacts
4-H Equine Program Rep and Show Manager: Shauna Bond 530-260-3277 firstname.lastname@example.org