4-H Horse Classic
California 4-H State Horse Classic
Murieta Equestrian Center in Rancho Murieta, CA
June 27 - July 1, 2018
About the 4-H Horse Classic
The California 4-H Horse Classic offers 4-H members the chance to showcase the culmination of their efforts put forth in their equine projects throughout the year. Two different competitions are part of Horse Classic.
State Championship Horse Show
4-H riders have this opportunity to compete at a level beyond local, county or regional events. Participants must pre-qualify at qualifying horse shows.
Educational contests allow members to showcase their equine knowledge. Contest offered include: Hippology, Horse Judging, Horse Bowl, and Public Speaking.
Qualifier for the Western National Roundup
The top senior individuals in the public speaking contests, and the top four individuals in Horse Judging, Hippology and Horse Bowl will have the opportunity to represent California at the Western National Roundup in Denver, Colorado on January, 2018. View the results from the Jan. 2017 Western National Roundup.
The 4-H Horse Classic provides participants with an opportunity to:
- Establish lifelong friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders throughout the state.
- Network with other counties and share personal experiences that have been meaningful to each person’s growth and development.
- Share their passion for horses and expand their equine knowledge.
- Experience personal growth.
- Further develop their leadership and citizenship skills.
- Promote good sportsmanship.
- Compete at a level that is beyond that of the local, county, regional or district level.
- Help raise funds to support the California delegation at the Western National Roundup.
Qualifying Horse Shows
See the list of shows that qualify you to participate in the 2019 State Championship Horse Show at the Horse Classic.
Sponsor the 4-H Horse Classic!
Horse Show Registration
2018 Horse Classic Premium click here
Educational Contest Registration
2018 Educational Events Rules and Information click here
Educational Team Entry form (Coaches only)
Horse Classic Credit Card Payment
No paper entries will be accepted. Please use the links to register. If you need help registering, please contact Shauna Bond, firstname.lastname@example.org (530)750-1341