4-H Horse Classic
The California 4-H Horse Classic offers 4-H members the chance to showcase the culmination of their efforts put forth in their equine projects, throughout the year. In 2017, the Classic will again be an event dedicated to over 2,885 4-H horse project members statewide.
The State Championship Horse Show provides the opportunity for 4-H riders to compete at a level beyond local, county or regional events, while the educational contests allow members to showcase their equine knowledge.
Educational contests offered include: Hippology, Horse Judging, Horse Bowl, and Public Speaking. The top senior individuals in the public speaking contests, and the top four individuals in Horse Judging, Hippology and Horse Bowl will have the opportunity to represent California at the Western National Roundup in Denver, Colorado on January, 2018. View the results from the Jan. 2017 Western National Roundup.
The goals of the event are to provide participants with an opportunity to:
- Establish lifelong friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders throughout the state.
- Network with other counties and share personal experiences that have been meaningful to each person’s growth and development.
- Share their passion for horses and expand their equine knowledge.
- Experience personal growth.
- Further develop their leadership and citizenship skills.
- Promote good sportsmanship.
- Compete at a level that is beyond that of the local, county, regional or district level.
- Help raise funds to support the California delegation at the National Western Roundup.
For more information, contact:
- Show Manager: Jessica Bautista, email@example.com, 530-750-1341
Looking for shows that will qualify you to participate in the 2017 State Championship Horse Show at the Horse Classic? click here
Horse Show Early Bird Registration Due April 24, 2017 by 11:59 pm: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20374
Educational Registration Due May 30, 2017 by 11:59 pm: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20379