Citizenship Washington Focus-Presidential Inauguration 2017
Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential Inauguration 2017
January 17 - 21, 2017
Join 4-H youth and volunteers from around the nation at Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential Inauguration 2017. This is the first time that 4-H has held a Citizenship Washington Focus event during the presidential inauguration.
Who can attend
4-H youth ages 14 - 19 (at time of conference)
Adults are invited to apply to chaperone this event. Please see the Chaperone Information below.
What you will learn and participate in
- Learn the meaning and importance of the Democratic process
- Explore the history of the Presidency, the election process, and the role of the press
- Discover the intricacies of the Executive Branch and careers in politics
- Practice your role in citizenship through service, civic education, and engagement
- Attend the Inauguration ceremony
- Watch the Inauguration parade
What you will see and do
- Participate in workshops, interactive sessions, and hear inspiring speakers
- Visit national memorials, historical sites, and the Smithsonian museums
- Experience Inauguration Day events
- Dance the night away on an Inaugural Ball dinner and dance cruise
See the Tentative Schedule
$1,799 per person, includes:
- Round trip Airline Tickets, airport transportation
- 4 nights lodging at the National 4-H Conference Center
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Inaugural Ball dinner cruise
- Ground transportation during the program
- Conference shirt and accessories
Note: This event is eligible for our Gift Certificate program.
Questions about this event
Please contact Jenna Colburn, State 4-H Office at (530)750-1336, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Registration - NOW CLOSED
Registration is now full. We are now only taking names for a waitlist. Please contact JennaColburn at email@example.com or 530-750-1336 to be added to the waitlist.
Please note: due to National 4-H Council's timeline for registration and payment, we are on a very strict and short timeline.
|February 26 - April 30, 2016||Regular Registration open for attendees||$1,799||$225|
|May 1 - June 16, 2016||Late Registration||$1,849||$925|
|June 16, 2016||Final Payment - balance due to the State 4-H Office|
*All deposits are non-refundable.
Chaperone Application - NOW CLOSED
Chaperone applications and the Chaperone Agreement Form are due at midnight, March 31, 2016. Please submit your signed Chaperone Agreement Form via email to Jenna Colburn at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to California 4-H attn: Jenna Colburn, 2801 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95618.
Please see the Chaperone selection process and requirements.
Because this is a very special event, we will make every attempt to increase the ratio of chaperones to youth so that parents who may want to attend can do so. All adults who accompany youth must be registered 4-H volunteers at the time of the trip. Families traveling together will be expected to follow the trip procedures, itinerary and timelines.
Selected chaperones will be notified the week of April 10th.
If you are applying to be a chaperone, do not register until you have been notified you are selected.