Citizenship Washington Focus-Presidential Inauguration
Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential Inauguration 2021
January 17 - 21, 2021
Join 4-H youth and volunteers from around the nation at Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential Inauguration 2021. This is the second time that 4-H has held a Citizenship Washington Focus event during the presidential inauguration.
Who can participate
4-H youth ages 14 - 19 (at time of conference)
Adults are invited to apply to chaperone this event. Please see the Chaperone Information below.
What you will learn and participate in
- Learn the meaning and importance of the Democratic process
- Explore the history of the Presidency, the election process, and the role of the press
- Discover the intricacies of the Executive Branch and careers in politics
- Practice your role in citizenship through service, civic education, and engagement
- Attend the Inauguration ceremony
- Watch the Inauguration parade
What you will see and do
- Participate in workshops, interactive sessions, and hear inspiring speakers
- Visit national memorials, historical sites, and the Smithsonian museums
- Experience Inauguration Day events
- Enjoy a unique Inaugural Ball dinner and dance
See the Tentative Schedule
$2,199 per person, includes:
- Round trip airline transportation
- Ground transportation between the National 4-H Conference Center and the airport
- 4 nights lodging at the National 4-H Conference Center
- All meals during the conference
- Inaugural Ball dinner and dance
- Ground transportation during the conference
- Conference shirt, drawstring backpack, button, lanyard, cold weather accessories
Family and friends can support your participation with a gift certificate in the amount they choose. Gift certificates are good towards registration costs for civic engagement and leadership state and national events. Order a gift certificate.
Support letter templates
Customize the following letter templates for your use:
Spread the word!
Questions about this event
Please contact Jenna Colburn, State 4-H Office at (530)750-1336, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth registration is now full.
Please join the waitlist if you are interested in attending if a space opens.
Please note: due to National 4-H Council's timeline for registration and payment, we are on a very strict timeline.
Jan 13 - May 1
Registration open until May 1 or until full.
Feb. 6 - REGISTRATION IS FULL
|June 1, 2020||Final Payment - balance due to the State 4-H Office|
*All deposits are non-refundable.
All delegates and their parents should plan to participate in an orientation webinar, to be scheduled for November 2020.
Chaperone Applications open until March 16, 2020
Please go to the Chaperone selection process and requirements page to apply.
All adults who accompany youth must be registered 4-H volunteers at the time of the trip. All chaperones and youth must follow the trip procedures, itinerary and timelines.
Please note these dates if you apply to be a chaperone.
|March 16, 2020||Chaperone applications and the Chaperone Agreement Form are due by midnight, March 16, 2020. Please submit your signed Chaperone Agreement Form via email to Jenna Colburn at email@example.com or via mail to California 4-H attn: Jenna Colburn, 2801 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95618.|
|April 6-10, 2020||Phone or ZOOM video conference interviews|
|April 13-17, 2020||Selection notifications|
|May 1, 2020||Chaperone Registration and deposit deadline NOTE: Do not register until you have been notified you are selected.|
|June 1, 2020||Payment in full due|
|TBA November 2020||Chaperone Orientation/training|