4-H Equine Field Day
4-H Equine Field Day
February 8, 2019
Modesto Jr. College Ag Pavillion
Who should go: 4-H horse leaders, 4-H members, parents and all horse enthusiasts.
What to expect: In this annual educational event, you will learn from interactive workshops led by clinicians in different areas. Information shared supports curriculum and information covered in 4-H Horse projects.
Note: Schedule subject to change; please use this as a guide.
8:00 am - 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am - 9:15 am Welcome and Opening Session
9:15 am - 10:15 am Workshop sessions begin
- Group A: How to Prepare for Showmanship
- Group B: Pioneer Vet Hospital - Care of the Horse
10:30 am - 11:30 am Workshop Session 2
- Group A: Pioneer Vet Hospital - Care of the Horse
- Group B: How to Prepare for Showmanship
11:45 am - 12:15 pm Lunch and Nationals Team presentation
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Workshop Session 3
- Group A: Dressage and Biomechanics
- Group B: Education Contests-Horse Judging and Hippology
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm Workshop Session 4
- Group A: Education Contests-Horse Judging and Hippology
- Group B: Dressage and Biomechanics
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Surveys, Close up and Raffle door prizes
Please pre-register by Thursday, February 6th.
This will help speed up check-in, since we have to assign you to a group and order lunches.
Payment by check or cash only will be accepted at check-in. Please make checks out to "UC Regents".
4-H youth, 4-H leaders, and 4-H volunteer participants: $25
Non-participating parents: $10
Lunch: $10 (Subway sandwich, chips, fruit and water) Lunch must be ordered by 9:00 am on February 8th. Participants can also bring a sack lunch or leave grounds for lunch.
All participants must submit a completed medical authorization form and waiver of liability. Please download and bring your completed forms to check-in.
Forms in English
Forms in Spanish
About 4-H Equine Field Day
- How to prep for Showmanship
- Dressage and Biomechanics
- Therapeutic Horses
- Chiropractor work on horses
- Equine National Team lunch presentation
Equine Field Day supports 4-H Horse Projects
In 2019, 74 Field Day participants completed an evaluation on their experience at the 2019 State Equine Field Day. A few of the results are (the percentages presented below are the percent of participants that answered “agree” or “strongly agree” to each question):
- 100% felt they learned something new at State 4-H Equine Field Day
- 93% felt confident that they will be able to use what they learned at State 4-H Equine Field Day and use it in their 4-H project
- 77% felt more connected to 4-H'ers from across the state
- 96% were satisfied with the 2019 State 4-H Equine Field Day
- 100% felt they were treated with respect by the event staff
- 93% want to attend State 4-H Equine Field Day in the future
- 89% will recommend State 4-H Equine Field Day to others
4-H Equine Community Education Specialist 2
firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-260-3277
Amy Alongi, 209-324-6080